Minutes of the Committee Meeting 3rd March 2017

Minutes and Documents of RBA Meetings in 2017
David Addis
Association Chairman
Association Chairman

Minutes of the Committee Meeting 3rd March 2017

Postby David Addis » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:52 pm

Dear Member
Please find the minutes of the Committee Meeting held on the 3rd March 2017.
This was our first meeting since the AGM last October, which resulted in a number of changes in the Committee, Tony Kenny and Steve Robertson were confirmed in the positions of Treasurer and Membership Secretary, Nigel Carpenter is the Vice Chairman and Standard Barer. David Roberts who at the AGM stood up and wanted to ensure the Association continued with a management team when he volunteered to become the Secretary and Merchandise Rep. Many of you will remember David was serving on the Sheffield during the Falkland conflict, he assured me that he wished to become more involved in the well being of the Association, though with the help of Combat Stress, David has worked hard on managing his experiences of that time whilst on the Sheffield, he soon realised that maybe he had taken on too much too soon, so it was with much regret that he felt that he would not be able to perform the duties to the standard that he wished, having spent a number of hours with David and his family, I understood their concerns and accepted his standing down from those two positions on the Committee. Fortunately for me and the Association I was aware that there were members who were willing to support the Association if need be, it gives me pleasure to inform you all that Nick Nickels and John Masterson have been co-opted onto the Committee as the Secretary and Merchandise Rep, on behalf of you all I thank them both for their support of the Association.
You will read that a number of our members are not in the best of health and sadly we have lost a number of our shipmates and friends. Also that the organisation of the 2017 Reunion Weekend is well on track, as is the programme for the dedication of our Paviour at the National Memorial Arboretum.
I have included a small booklet of our Paviour and the Heroes Area. I do hope that those who have yet to reserve their place for the weekend do so as soon as possible remember Isle of Wight Tours do accept a standing order to assist with the payment, please contact Paula Gent paula.gent1@ntlworld.com for further information
The Committee confirmed that our June meeting will once again be held in the Western RN Police HQ, which also co insides with the celebration of the 40th anniversary of the HQ being in its present location, I would encourage any of our members who live in the West Country to join us on the Saturday evening for a swinging the lamp and get together, full details will be published when firmed up.

Tony Kenny also took on the position of Editor of the Hearsay Herald; he is at present gathering articles for this year’s edition. Tony requests that any ditty or tale, humour, or stories of life after the RN, he would be pleased to receive, his email address is rachelkenny5@aol.com

One last request please, we have been contacted by the family of Ray Forman who crossed the bar last year, if you still have Ray on your Christmas Card List, would you please remove him, the family received a number of cards for Ray last Christmas, which caused them some discomfort.

Regards and best wishes
David
RBA Com Minutes 3rd March 2017.doc
MInutes of the Committee Meeting
(71.5 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
Heroes Area association.pdf
NMA Heroes Area
(395.03 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
LPM(Q)34 1963
Establishments
HMS Drake. HMS Fisgard, HMS Terror (RNPHQ), HMS Lochinvar,
HMS Excellent, HMS Pembroke, HMS Daedalus, HMS Centurion, HMS Nelson
Reg School Instructor -
RPO, MAA, FMAA(Assistant Training Officer)
Ships
HMS Lion, HMS Kepple, HMS Brighton, HMS London
FOST - X1 and Deputy Staff Programming Officer
TX. 1990