Minutes of the Committee Meeting 3rd June 2017

Minutes and Documents of RBA Meetings in 2017
David Addis
Association Chairman
Association Chairman

Postby David Addis » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:19 pm

Dear Member
Please find the minutes of the Committee Meeting held on the 3rd June 2017.
Once again the Committee travelled west for our meeting in the RN Police HQ Western Devonport Naval Base. My thanks to those members who live in the West Country for joining us in the evening for a bit of a chat and swinging the lamp, it was good to meet up with Martin Welch and John Cole after so many years. It was a nice surprise to see Willie and Michele Dick and Camilla Robertson during the evening also.
We were well looked after by WOMAA Justin Newbury who popped in to make sure we were well looked after, RPO Wren did a sterling job behind the bar keeping us well supplied during the evening. I hope next year we will be able to encourage more members to make the effort to meet up.
Tony Kenny our Hearsay Herald Editor is in the process of putting together this year’s Hearsay Herald, he has asked that members support him in this venture by sending him articles, ditties, memories of time in the Andrew and branch or even how things are with you now, his email address is: - rachelkenny5@aol.com
I attended the funeral service of Kevin Williams MBE in Saint Barbara’s Church Whale Island, my thanks to Willie Dick for parading the Association Standard, also to all the members who attended. It was a memorable occasion and fitting for a stalwart of the Branch.
The RN Phot section has said they will send some photos of the naval part of the occasion. When I receive them I will put them on the web site and forum
As a gentle reminder we will be dedicating the Regulating Branch and RN Police memorial paviour at the National Memorial Arboretum on Sunday the 8th October as part of the Reunion Weekend, Paula has been confirmed that the road train will be available to members and guests as part of the weekend from 1330 to convey people around the vast site, so a full appreciation of what is available as memorials to the many who have fallen. There is still time to book your place for the weekend, for further information please email Paula Gent using the following email address paulagent1@ntworld.com.
Members who are unable to attend the Reunion, you are more than welcome to join us; for this important dedication to those who have crossed the bar. We meet at the NMA at 1100 for a church service conducted by our Padre Father Michael Brown followed by the dedication and wreath laying in the Heroes area on completion. This paviour allows the Regulating Branch and RN Police to have a central location to those who are no longer with us. You will read in the minutes that the Deputy Provost Marshal Navy Lieutenant Commander Dean Oakey will be attending as part of the RN Police contingent. If you can; please make the effort and join us on Sunday the 8th October at 1100.
I hope you and your families have an enjoyable summer, plenty of bronzy time, BBQ’s and relaxation.
I look forward to writing to you again in September
Regards and best wishes
David
Chairman
RBA_Com_Minutes_3rd_June.pdf
(105.51 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
LPM(Q)34 1963
Establishments
HMS Drake. HMS Fisgard, HMS Terror (RNPHQ), HMS Lochinvar,
HMS Excellent, HMS Pembroke, HMS Daedalus, HMS Centurion, HMS Nelson
Reg School Instructor -
RPO, MAA, FMAA(Assistant Training Officer)
Ships
HMS Lion, HMS Kepple, HMS Brighton, HMS London
FOST - X1 and Deputy Staff Programming Officer
TX. 1990