BARRY BRENNAN - CROSSED THE BAR

It is good to remember those who have Crossed the Bar
David Addis
Webmaster
Webmaster

BARRY BRENNAN - CROSSED THE BAR

Post by David Addis » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:09 pm

Ted Durrant has informed the Association that Barry Brennan had crossed the bar on the 27th January 2015.

Bob Dominic - Very sad to hear, I remember Barry well from the 60's and 70's. God bless and rest in peace.

Roy Mundy - I remember him on HMS Blake always going for a run

David Vidler - I served with him in 64 and 65 . Main Gate Terror. Any problems were sorted out by him acting like a windmill, ie arms and legs all over the place. Always there to back you up, A good man may he rest in peace

Lew Jack - What a shock! Barry was my Jaunty on Blake for our USA deployment in 1979. What a great boss. Gone but never forgotten. I must seek out a photo of him when he accompanied us (me, Pete Thompson, Roy Munday & Bill ?) to Disney World, Florida. Barry was in his element that day and I can't remember having a more enjoyable day. Roy, if you read this post, kick my backside for not remembering Bill's surname. Do you remember the rotten, multi- coloured burger!!

Bob Shirley - Wasted in the Navy, he was. A born performer who would have made his mark in any opera or operetta. I can see him taking his bows in any performance of HMS Pinafore, Pirates of Penzance, Mikado, etc and receiving good press reviews into the bargain. Wherever you are now Barry, keep 'em' happy, sing 'em' a song
I cleaned the windows and swept the floor
And polished up the handle on the big front door.......
Attachments
brennan_barry.jpg
Barry Brennan
brennan_barry.jpg (3.73 KiB) Viewed 19621 times
LPM(Q)34 1963
Establishments
HMS Drake. HMS Fisgard, HMS Terror (RNPHQ), HMS Lochinvar,
HMS Excellent, HMS Pembroke, HMS Daedalus, HMS Centurion, HMS Nelson
Reg School Instructor -
RPO, MAA, FMAA(Assistant Training Officer)
Ships
HMS Lion, HMS Kepple, HMS Brighton, HMS London
FOST - X1 and Deputy Staff Programming Officer
TX. 1990