Lt Cdr Jim Catterson RIP

This forum will allow Members to view those who are known to have Crossed the Bar
PadreRBA93
Padre
Padre

Lt Cdr Jim Catterson RIP

Post by PadreRBA93 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:56 am

Dear All

Bob Bloomfield has informed the Association that Lt Cdr Jim Catterson has crossed the bar aged 80 years. Jim was suffering from Parkinsons and was not a member of our Association.

May he rest in peace.

with best wishes

Fr Michael

nausea
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Lt Cdr Jim Catterson RIP

Post by nausea » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:25 pm

Another one gone, I never knew him, RIP. I don't know if anyone is aware but one of our old friends, lieutenant Commander John Henry Poppit Royal Navy crossed the bar in July 2018. I only discovered this recently whilst walking around Hasler
cemetery looking for an old chief stoker and stumbled over his burial plaque hurting myself in the process, quite a bad cut to the head. Always knew he would get me although It never occurred to me it would happen after he was deceased, rather spooky I reckon. Anyway continue with the lockdown and stay positive and safe everyone..........

David Tindale
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by David Tindale » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:09 pm

Lovely man. RIP Jim.

colin gent
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by colin gent » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:51 am

Sad to hear the news of both Jim Catterson and John Poppitt cross the bar.

Jim was NPM London during part of my time as MAA London Patrol. A calm professional man of which we had a very good working relationship RIP Jim.

John was NPM Gibraltar 75/76 and I was a L.Reg on the Patrol. I have many memories of my time in GIB and a few stories about John that bring a smile to my face RIP John.

Another sad passing of fellow Regulators that were part of the best of times.