Bob (Taff) Parsons R.I.P.

Details of those who have Crossed the Bar
PadreRBA93
Padre
Padre

Bob (Taff) Parsons R.I.P.

Post by PadreRBA93 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:52 am

Dear All

It is my sad duty to inform you that Bob Parsons, known as Taff, died in his sleep yesterday 9th February. Taff had been suffering with kidney failure and cancer. On Monday I will send some flowers to his wife Sue and the family. When details of the funeral arrangements are known in Weymouth, I will let you know. May Taff enjoy the company he finds as he crosses the bar.

with best wishes

Fr Michael

David_Addis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bob (Taff) Parsons R.I.P.

Post by David_Addis » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:34 pm

That is sad news Michael, always found him to be a nice chap. RIP Taff
Transferred 1963 - LPM(Q)32
Establishments - Drake, Fisgard, Terror, Lochinvar, Excellent, RNRS, Pembroke, RNRS, Daedalus, Centurion, RNRS, Nelson, FOST DSPROGO
Ships Lion, Kepple, Brighton, London, FOSTX1
Retired 1990

PadreRBA93
Padre
Padre

Post by PadreRBA93 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:04 am

I have been informed that Taff's funeral service will take place at 1515 in Weymouth Crematorium on Friday 1st March. Sadly i will not be able to attend because i will be attending meetings in Portsmouth and stopping overnight that day. Sue Parsons has asked that friends might write Taff a letter and send it to her and extracts will be read out at his funeral service.

with best wishes

Fr Michael

colin gent
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by colin gent » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:20 am

Very sad news indeed.

I have been contacted by Steve Unwin with regards to the Association Coffin Pall should the family request it. Once confirm and I have the necessary details I will dispatch it on behalf of the Association.

RIP