Brian Rodgers CTB RIP

This forum will allow Members to view those who are known to have Crossed the Bar
PadreRBA93
Padre
Padre

Brian Rodgers CTB RIP

Post by PadreRBA93 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:21 am

Dear All

At the last committee meeting held in the Royal Maritime Club on 1st March, we were made aware of the fact that Brian Rodgers, who was living out in Brazil, had died. Brian was not a member of the Association, but i worked with him down in Culdrose. Brian used to commute daily back to Plymouth and one day Culdrose was totally snowed in, and I mean seriously snowed in, so Brian stayed over in the Mess. He rang his wife to say he would not be home because he was snowed in, and he had to hold the telephone away from his ear. Brian's wife was not amused, it was glorious sunshine in Plymouth. Later that night after seeing the news, she telephoned to apologise. A civilian from the establishment died trying to get home that night.

They were happy days though not obviously for that deceased man. May you rest in Peace Brian and enjoy the company as you cross the bar.

Michael

nausea
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Brian Rodgers CTB RIP

Post by nausea » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:39 pm

Sad news, I did meet him but I cannot remember where, young chap as I recall. I don't know what took him to Brazil as it's not the country I would live in by choice, very unstable like Argentina. Uruguay would be my choice, one of the few places where you don't routinely get beaten up by the police.

Out pipes, hands carry on with your work.............